If you need a quick-and-easy method to track your fixed assets without an elaborate database, then Excel can be an extremely useful tool. Feel free to download this simple asset tracking template and get started right away. Populate the template with valuable asset related information, including:
- General asset information (Asset ID, description, location, status, custodian, manufacturer, model, etc.)
- Purchasing information (Vendor, PO number, purchase date, cost, lease and warranty, etc.)
- IT & maintenance information (IP address, processor, memory, software, etc.)
- Custom fields(As many new fields as you need)
Simply update the spreadsheet with changes or when you add more assets. If you have any questions about using this template or about tracking assets in general, we can help. Please contact us at 877-373-0390 for assistance.
At some point in time, you may want to tag your assets or take periodic physical inventories. In this case, you definitely want to look at using barcode technology and asset tracking software to help manage the process. In fact, if your organization has 500 or more fixed assets and you are not using barcode, then it is costing you time and money. Import your data directly into the system from your asset tracking template and use barcode to streamline your inventory process by up to 70%. Download a trial version of asset tracking software from RedBeam and get started today!
Latest posts by Stephen Bissonette (see all)
- Asset Tracking Software: Read These 3 Tips Before You Buy - November 19, 2015
- The Property Manager’s Guide to Evaluating Asset Tracking System ROI - November 17, 2015
- Existing Customers Save 50% on Web-Based Tracking Software - April 10, 2015